White soda bread is easy to make and tastes good. We have made a loaf here in the Clubhouse and here is how we did it!
First get your ingediants:
- 450g Plain Flour
- 1 level teaspoon Bread Soda
- 1 level teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Good pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
- 25g Margarine
- 300ml Buttermilk
Then the method!
- Sieve flour, bread soda, cream of tartar and salt into a bowl. Add sugar if used.
- Rub in the butter/margarine to resemble breadcrumbs, lifting mixture with fingertips to introduce air to the dough.
- Add milk and mix to make a soft dough.
- Put the dough in a bread tin
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas 5-6 for 40-45 minutes.
- let cool